Friday, May 2, 2014

Governemnt Connections

              Recently I have been asking my students to make connections between their personal lives/chosen careers and those careers they choose to research in class. I ask them to to think about how semi-random research can be tied to meaning for them, personally. This week, among other things, we have researched two careers in the Government and Public Administration cluster. I would like to know why students chose to research the careers they did and how they "connect" to their own chosen career.

                In the government and public administration cluster, I chose the transportation managers and the general and operations manager. I chose the transportation manager because this job requires to help people and lead them in a path that will get them where they need to be. Also, I chose general and operations managers because in this job, they need to plan and organize for a private sector. These two jobs relate to my chosen job as a veterinarian because they have to put forth time and effort to do the job correctly and precisely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment